Moss on the Drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the easiest way to remove moss from a tarmac drive?
I have used 'Pathclear' for other weeds but moss is a tough
nut to crack.
I need something that works that you can apply safely with a watering can if possible.

Henry.

Sponsored Links
Armitillox (sp?) but it isn't sold in my small town. A big Garden place may have it.

There are other persistent Moss killers that you water on. I found some in the Flat Roofing Materials section. When the moss is dead and gone brown or black it loses its grip.

I find the coverage is less than the label says as it runs into joints (I have block paving - flat concrete may be easier)

I think you may get a temporary kill with dilute bleach.

A powerwasher should take it off but on paving it washes away the sand in the joints.

You probably have a problem with a damp surface, presumably shaded. Moss doesn't grow in my dry areas.

Thanks john,
It is in partial shade and it is the shady bit that causes the problem.
I blasted it off (tarmac drive) in the Spring but it is back again!!

Henry.

Sponsored Links
Ah,
How did you apply it - neat or diluted?

Henry.

Hi

I normally dilute it , leave it a week to die off and brush it out with a stiff broom, apply it now and then to prevent moss coming back,
works for me,

good luck

I use about a 1/4 of a £5 tin in a full watering can when i do my path which is about 10m square. I also agitate it when applying it with a yard broom as i need a fairly instant result ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back