most economical use powermax 155

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a property with above boiler which seems to be a combination but not a combination boiler ? as it heats the water up every morning bringing on the heating for a while as well
We do not understand how it works - we have had a combination and a normal system but I suspect we have totally the wrong settings - have tried reading the manual but could do with layman instructions if anyone would help thanks

Sponsored Links
The powermax is a boiler which incorporates a thermal store. There is a coil through which your hot water is heated (kind of the opposite from a standard indirect cylinder) and then a blending valve which tempers the water. It would serve you well to have the appliance checked by the manufacturer because many RGIs will not work on this particular one. There are well known common issues with flues, and there have been various incidents over the years. Best get it checked out.

as already advised I would get someone experienced on these to service it for you and they can fully explain how it operates at the same time, but please make sure whoever you employ is fully confident with these, I quite like them even though they have had a bad press

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back