PowerMax 155 Hot Water Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently moved to a fairly new house which has a powermax 155 combi-boiler.

The water has been fairly warm, but not baking, but since coming back from a holiday and having now put my central heating on, I no longer get any kind of hot water, just lukewarm.

The radiators are very hot, and seem to work fine when I adjust the downstairs thermostat, but I cannot have a bath now as water is too cold and the shower is just lukewarm now. I have tried all the usual combinations of settings - water on and central heating off, water on and central heating on, and have read the manual thoroughly. The burner seems to work fine, so I cannot understand what I need to do now to get hotter water.

Can anyone help me?. Also downstairs I have an aqua-deal combi-care compact scale inhibitor underneath the kitchen sink - does this have anything to do with the water being cold?.

Sponsored Links
This is probably a blending valve problem. Part No P757.

Are there any plumbers in the west essex area that can come and do this for me?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back