Most efficient / cost effective heating for yoga studio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the process of starting a yoga studio in a warehouse space with single brick wall to the outside. Room dimensions 8m x 10m, luckily I have a suspended ceiling so will help a bit, ceiling height 3m.

I'm thinking gas would be cheaper but not sure if safe for a public space?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Gas is perfectly safe and cheaper to run. But installation can be high, is there even a gas supply already in? if not thats another pricey job before they even start pricing for the heating.

Ideally some gas fired underfloor heating would go very nicely, underfloor gives a really nice radiant heat all through and efficient with condensing boilers, however the heat up time from turning on would be a while so need to think about how many hours a day the place will be in use and heated for.

Thanks guys.

I should have been a bit more clear.
My lease is for a year so I'm looking for something either portable / or something low cost to install.

Sponsored Links
My lease is for a year so I'm looking for something either portable / or something low cost to install.

Go to screwfix (or wherever) and buy their cheapest electric convection heaters.
Or perhaps the second cheapest, i.e. the model with a thermostat.
Check where the available sockets are and what the ratings are on the fusebox.

Or tell them that yoga is best performed in a freezing cold building :LOL:

For a quick heat you have two simple options, radiant heaters (ie the ones that glow red) or fan heaters (that blow warm air), both of which can be directed to the students.

Trying to heat up 240cubic metres of warehouse with a mass air warming system, be it gas fired radiators or electric convector heaters won't come cheap

You can get propane (and diesel) powered 'jet engine' styled heaters as often used in garage workshops but they are noisy, create damp air and are prone to causing headaches due to products of combustion, so best avoided. Plus propane doesn't come cheap either.

Are the property owners not supplying a heat source? Is that not part of your lease?

You might find that an electric diesel powered hot air blower is the cheapest option. They range in size. They are sited externally with a pipe that ports the hot air to where you want it. They are also indirect and have chimneys so the combustion products are released outside, so no fumes enter the hot air.

I'm sure they would be readily available for hire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back