Most Stolen Cars

Sponsored Links
You can turn it off!

There's a Gucci model Range Rover near me, always has an old Krooklok fitted. Looks odd.
Trouble is, even if you can turn off keyless entry, you can't turn off keyless ignition. Apart from the security issue, it drives me nuts not having the keys "attached" to the car in some way. More than once I've popped back into the house while my engine is running on the driveway and come back out and driven off without the keys. The car does eventually warn you but you can be 5 miles down the road by then and god forbid if it had either stalled or been switched off because it would not re-start.....

Mine, with keyless start, warns me the moment I step outside the car with the key in my pocket if the engine is running. It keeps bonging until I get back in. There is no way that I would ever go back into the house with the car engine running, keyless or not.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is, even if you can turn off keyless entry, you can't turn off keyless ignition. Apart from the security issue, it drives me nuts not having the keys "attached" to the car in some way. More than once I've popped back into the house while my engine is running on the driveway and come back out and driven off without the keys. The car does eventually warn you but you can be 5 miles down the road by then and god forbid if it had either stalled or been switched off because it would not re-start.....
Depends on the car I think. Jags and Lexi are different though I forget the details.

First world problems!

When the fob on my van's key stopped transmitting I didn't bother paying whatever silly money Fiat would want for a new one. Just put the key in the door (central locking still works) and then the ignition. Just as things used to be - keep it simple. I'm happy with no ABS, no airbags and no infernal bonging noise from the depths of the dash. I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to downgrade to one of these modern, over complicated, over-priced shoite boxes.

of course they don't mention that the reason Ford Fiestas are the most stolen is probably because they are the most common car on the road.

You would think that the car Manufacturers would increase security on cars, wouldn't you? Wake up call, they don't want to! claim on insurance and buy another one! Keeps the sales up.

You would think that the car Manufacturers would increase security on cars, wouldn't you? Wake up call, they don't want to! claim on insurance and buy another one! Keeps the sales up.
There is another reason why they don't. Can you think of it???

of course they don't mention that the reason Ford Fiestas are the most stolen is probably because they are the most common car on the road.
When we first opened up the recovery bizz, the most stolen car was the Vx Nova.

I have fond memories of the elderly lady who would have hers stolen on a regular basis.

When we first opened up the recovery bizz, the most stolen car was the Vx Nova.

I have fond memories of the elderly lady who would have hers stolen on a regular basis.

Years ago a neighbour told me that she used to live in a tower block. At night someone used to regularly 'borrow' her Triumph Herald because when she came down in the morning it would sometimes be in a different place. It was never damaged and sometimes the tank would be topped up. She couldn't keep an eye on the car as she was on a high floor and not overlooking the car park. Never did find out who used it.

Sponsored Links
Back