Most Stolen Cars

Sponsored Links
There is another reason why they don't. Can you think of it???
Yet another cryptic post from Dork. I sometimes wonder if he knows the answers to any of his own cryptic posts or is just trying to build up a persona of an international multi millionaire man of mystery.

Years ago a neighbour told me that she used to live in a tower block. At night someone used to regularly 'borrow' her Triumph Herald because when she came down in the morning it would sometimes be in a different place. It was never damaged and sometimes the tank would be topped up. She couldn't keep an eye on the car as she was on a high floor and not overlooking the car park. Never did find out who used it.

How many times have I heard variations of that, it's one of many internet myths that never die.

How many times have I heard variations of that, it's one of many internet myths that never die.

I don't have any reason to make that up, and the lady who told me wasn't some kind of fantasist. Remembering some old cars with worn locks could be opened with any key (we used to have a Cortina that could be opened with the key from our Princess and vice versa) it wouldn't surprise me that somone just helped themself. Security levels were almost no existant and steering locks were still a few years off. Many 'myths' have an element of truth in them.

Sponsored Links
I had a MK 2 Cortina stolen from outside work and used in a bank raid, the guy panicked when the cashier called his bluff and he ran away, my car was still parked outside with the engine running, I was known as Mr Big for a brief period at work.

My BiL locked the key to his R reg MK 3 Cortina in the boot.

He borrowed the key of a neighbour's 1984 Sierra and the boot popped open!

When living in Sydney, we went for a meal with Mrs CBs work colleagues , as were early sat in the car on the public car park nearby our friends arrived, one by one they "popped the hoods" on their cars, asking what was going on, they were removing the HT leads and the wives were putting them in their handbags

When living in Sydney, we went for a meal with Mrs CBs work colleagues , as were early sat in the car on the public car park nearby our friends arrived, one by one they "popped the hoods" on their cars, asking what was going on, they were removing the HT leads and the wives were putting them in their handbags
When we drove into Birmingham about 30 years ago, My mate took the rotor arm out of his viva van. They tried to get into his Transit yesterday when he was out on a job.

When we drove into Birmingham about 30 years ago, My mate took the rotor arm out of his viva van. They tried to get into his Transit yesterday when he was out on a job.
I was just about to say the same - a while ago, I had a G reg Metro and lived in a city centre location.
The local ne'er-do-wells would just bend the window frame of the front doors outwards and get inside.
The rotar arm always came with me and after a couple of years, the door could almost be bent in half! :LOL:

Mine, with keyless start, warns me the moment I step outside the car with the key in my pocket if the engine is running. It keeps bonging until I get back in. There is no way that I would ever go back into the house with the car engine running, keyless or not.
The reason for me doing that is simple, very often, on the school run, the kids will have forgotten something, it's normally less drama for me to pop back in than it is for them.

The reason for me doing that is simple, very often, on the school run, the kids will have forgotten something, it's normally less drama for me to pop back in than it is for them.
Why not just hit the stop button to switch off the engine before you go back inside? Even worse than having a car stolen would be having it stolen with your children inside.

Why not just hit the stop button to switch off the engine before you go back inside? Even worse than having a car stolen would be having it stolen with your children inside.
If a thief tried to steal my car with my son it it, he would likely suffer a rather nasty injury :) ! Leaving aircon running or heating on is the answer though, besides the footfall past my house averages 1 person per day, normally because he is delivering letters....

"There is one motor brand that is targeted more than any other and that is Fords"

I wonder why that is ...

Screenshot_20221203-201611-094.png

Sponsored Links
Back