MOT & Tail Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I blocked the gap that allows a little white light to escape, and covered the missing bit for the reverse light with a clear plastic sheet
Would it Pass ?
@Mottie

x-RTL-5601.jpg

Sponsored Links
job done £0.00- will find out next week.

New wiper blade £7
New rear Box on exhaust £39
Rusty Holes filled in wheel arches £0.00
Brake pipes cleaned and repainted £0.00

good for a new year ..... I Hope?

Sponsored Links
Aye it is - still going

speedometer keeps switching off for a few minutes, where would you start to look ?

job done £0.00- will find out next week.

New wiper blade £7
New rear Box on exhaust £39
Rusty Holes filled in wheel arches £0.00
Brake pipes cleaned and repainted £0.00

good for a new year ..... I Hope?
Only comment I would make, is what holes, where, and filled with what and how?

Although no mot tester is allowed to actually do much to investigate the quality of the repair, unless it is obviously inadequate just by looking

Loose wire probably. Is this a new car? May just need the battery unplugged for a night or can be a problem with CAN related.

Aye it is - still going

speedometer keeps switching off for a few minutes, where would you start to look ?
The speedo sensor is on the gearbox, no drive cables here but I’ve no real idea!
My own Berlingo had rust on the rear wheel arches - very disappointing because it was caused by the arch liner rubbing. This could have easily have been sorted at the factory!
The only unusual problem was the rear axle which made the rear wheels camber out, and the bearings were noisy.
ECP do a replacement for around £350.
John

Only comment I would make, is what holes, where, and filled with what and how?

Although no mot tester is allowed to actually do much to investigate the quality of the repair, unless it is obviously inadequate just by looking
rusty wheel arches, its obvious I have done them as the paint is a different colour, but yes I have used the proper stuff.

The speedo sensor is on the gearbox, no drive cables here but I’ve no real idea!
My own Berlingo had rust on the rear wheel arches - very disappointing because it was caused by the arch liner rubbing. This could have easily have been sorted at the factory!
The only unusual problem was the rear axle which made the rear wheels camber out, and the bearings were noisy.
ECP do a replacement for around £350.
John
Yes it was very likely the plastic inner arch protectors that caused the damage. I have been repairing bits of them for 5+ years now. Lots of filler in there now!

Had to replace the rear axle two years ago, it is a problem with this vehicle. Got a local mechanic to do it, think it was 6 or 7 hundred. inc labour. seemed reasonable.

Loose wire probably. Is this a new car? May just need the battery unplugged for a night or can be a problem with CAN related.
about 15 years past being new - LOL
I was just hoping it was a known issue and someone had the exact solution. I hate looking for these temperamental wiring probs, At the moment it is not a biggy, seems to drop off for 1 or 2 miles may be once a month-ish.

Thought I would wash the van preMOT (first Impressions and all that) I think it may be the first time it has ever been washed (only had it 12 years) . And it would seem to have some sort of communicable disease may be the Black Pox?

could this disease be an MOT failure ?

x-Van-Disease-5611.jpg

Certainly not an mot failure, just the perils of not being able to easily wash the top of the van.
It looks like tree sap damage to me.
John

Thought I would wash the van preMOT (first Impressions and all that) I think it may be the first time it has ever been washed (only had it 12 years) . And it would seem to have some sort of communicable disease may be the Black Pox?

could this disease be an MOT failure ?

x-Van-Disease-5611.jpg

The disease spread from the aerial of your van.

It's Van Aerial Disease.

the repair to the tail light worked !
I doubt it will get through next year though,
xMOT.gif

Sponsored Links
Back