Chipped tail light and MOT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I'm new here, nice to meet you all.
I need some advice.
I accidentally hit my car's tail light and it's now chipped as you can see in the picture. It's a Crysler Ypsilon 2013.
I have the MOT booked for this Saturday morning, and the I called them to ask if it will fail the MOT. The tester told me that as long as it's not the white part that it's chipped, it won't be a problem... but I'm not quite sure of this? The reason I'm not sure is that sometimes you receive diff opinions on the same matter.

chipped light.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hello and welcome. Bad luck! I would call that cracked more then chipped, but one of the resident experts will be along very soon.

Guessing they're not exactly cheap replacements and Ypsilons aren't piled high at the breakers with lights ready for the taking.

As long as its not showing any white light you will be okay. If it is, you can buy coloured lens repair tape from Halfords I think but failing that, some red insulating tape will do the trick. (y) I'd be more concerned about it filling with rain water.

Sponsored Links
As long as its not showing any white light you will be okay. If it is, you can buy coloured lens repair tape from Halfords I think but failing that, some red insulating tape will do the trick. (y) I'd be more concerned about it filling with rain water.
This.

Back