How much do you pay for an MoT?

pipme said:
Great view MMJ ! Does it give you a buzz every day ? It should do !
Hey Breeze, never mind the quality, feel the width !!

Brixham was regular summer hol destination in mid - late 60's.
Use to bat the 1071 'S' roller-skate around the Devonian lanes in those young, golden, carefree days.
Cider with many a Rosie ... Woo Hoo !! :)

Been from the Zummerset flats to the Straits of Malacca then on to the Coral sea reefs of dreams ...... But still love our very own southern coastline, fair shivers me timbers !!!
:D
P

Day to day you take it for granted, but then sometimes, you just look and realise how beautiful an area it is.

What's really cool is that every regatta, the Red Arrows put on a spectacular display and fly directly overhead on their wingtips at about (what seems) about 300 feet! Then in the evening there are some pretty stunning firework displays.

On new years eve, you can see the whole bay lit up with fireworks, really quite beautiful.

Have also had the luck of being on some (rather special :cool: ) boats during firework displays and is truly breathtaking!

Yeh, it's a good life. :D

Sponsored Links
Mmmm, Mot's are VAT free.

The official price is 40 something, but a lot of places subsidise the cost by as much as 50%.

And some allow free retests.

MMJ

Tis yourself, like a Kid with a new toy !! Great tho' isn't it ?
A friend had just an ordinary Birchwood cruiser, Volvo z drive, at Weymouth in the 70's we had some great times on that !

P

AdamW said:
So, let us know how much you pay and we can compare. I will post the price of mine as soon as they answer the phone.

Mercedes Benz Oxford charge £41 + VAT for an MOT. For a C-class petrol they charge £200 + VAT for service A and £400 + VAT for service B. And if you don't upset the receptionist you might get a valet thrown in (personally I'd rather have the receptionist thrown in).

Sponsored Links
Everytime I have my car seen to at Vauxhall they seem to be valeting cars, but they never wash mine :cry: I went to pick up my Mum's last car from a Renault dealers and had to wait whilst they finished washing it! They even washed it when she had the ignition lock replaced :LOL:

On the positive side, I would be upset because they wouldn't use the right equipment and I would end up with those minute swirly scratches on my paintwork from the grit on their sponges.

AdamW said:
.... I went to pick up my Mum's last car from a Renault dealers and had to wait whilst they finished washing it! They even washed it when she had the ignition lock replaced :LOL: ......

Perhaps that is, apart from the lock, all they did to the car anyway !! May have been to your Mum's advantage :confused:
Wife's first Cleo had front disc caliper come adrift ( retaining bolts fell out ), thankfully at very low speed, after a Renault 'service', pad replacement ....
What is this 18K miles service interval :mad: Potentially naughty especially for non-mech minded, high mileage, drivers !! Lots can be wrong after 18k miles .... :oops:

P

This is why I like the diagnostic-based variable service intervals. If you get in and just drive at 56mph for 30 miles in one go, every day for a year, then you end up with massive intervals. But if you do 30 one mile journeys flooring it from standstill up to high revs then stop, and start again, then you end up with shorter intervals.

Only problem with it is, if the system goes wrong it costs a lot to replace! :LOL:

Back