Can a car fail a MOT - retest on something it didn't fail on through the initial test ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I took my car in for MOT last week and it failed on a few things,+ the tester was quite strict
. I have rectified all of them and it is due it again tomorrow for MOT retest.

I noticed one of the rear lights is not working again, it works then sometimes doesn't and none of the bulbs will illuminate while it don't work.

Is it likely he might fail it on one of the rear lights not working , even tohguh it didnt fail on that on the initial first test ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it's possible, but not automatically likely to.

It depends what it failed on, and even if same or different tester.

Regarding the fault, look for an earth connection to the lamp cluster. If it's a French vehicle there is often a block connector within a foot or so of the lamp unit.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi

I took my car in for MOT last week and it failed on a few things,+ the tester was quite strict
. I have rectified all of them and it is due it again tomorrow for MOT retest.

I noticed one of the rear lights is not working again, it works then sometimes doesn't and none of the bulbs will illuminate while it don't work.

Is it likely he might fail it on one of the rear lights not working , even tohguh it didnt fail on that on the initial first test ?

thanks
He should fail it. Fix your rear light properly. You shouldn't be driving a car with rear lights that work intermittently.

Can anyone help me ?

So today I collected my car from the garage with a New MOT and a new bush ( hub to wishbone ) and tonight while driving I got the ABS warning fault light and also the DPF might become clogged warning light /message but the dpf message has been intermittent for about 3 months.

The ABS light first came on about 1 month ago after I refitted the lower arm and pushed the driveshaft back together where it came apart at the ball bearing section. it would come on and off intermittently since then.

So tonight, got back in car and car is doing absolutely nothing, has the abs fault messageand dpf message on dash but doesnt turn over or anything.
the lights and all electrics just flicker and go off after about 8 seconds and has the economy mode active message displayed. the lights stayed on while the jump leads were connected .

any ideas ?

maybe he kicked an abs sensor today at garage, and it prevents the car starting as a safety measure ? maybe the dpf warning prevent the car from starting as a safety measure ?

please advice, ty

I'm not a mechanic but my understanding about the dpf warning is you are not driving your car long/fast enough for the engine to get hot enough to burn off the particles. This will clog the filter.
I was advised that if the warning comes up I should take the car for a high speed drive along a motorway, (or similar speed restricted road), for about half an hour and make sure the rpm's get above 2,000 I find it happens if I do a lot of stop start driving around town.
It usually works for me.

If FruitBowl is actually Rightboy91 then its good that he's learnt that its not a good idea to use the same user name on Pron sites like chaturbate :)

DPF equipped diesels for fast food delivery!!! Laughing at those fools with their petrol Micra's and Yaris's, mopeds and bicycles.

Sponsored Links
Back