Motorised Actuator turning on by itself

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Myson MPE222 which intermittently comes on by itself for a about a minute then turns itself off. This happens randomly thoughout the day and thermostat is not calling for heat when it happens. I had a look at the wiring and the actuator seems to be wired properly. One thing I did notice was the brown wire is connected to a terminal with 2 other wires. One wire is connected to the thermostat, the other wire is a switch live which I dont know what its connected to.

Can this switch live be the issue? Or any other ideas why it might be turning itself on?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Might you have a frost stat somewhere, which is seeing a low enough temperature so as to trigger a need for some heat?

Thanks for the reply. Does the frost stat only activate one valve, as it only the downstairs heating that comes on.

Sponsored Links
There’s a Honeywell frost stat on the wall next to the boiler. Took the cover off and found the dial was positioned with the 5 and arrow pointing in the 9 o clock direction. Am I right this should be pointing to 12 o clock to set it to 5 degrees?

Yes I’m pretty sure the 5 degree arrow should be at the 12 O’clock position. Otherwise it will switch on the boiler at a much higher temperature.

Yes I’m pretty sure the 5 degree arrow should be at the 12 O’clock position. Otherwise it will switch on the boiler at a much higher temperature.

That’s what I was thinking aswell. Have moved the 5 to the 12 o clock position which will hopefully stop my heating from coming in randomly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back