Wiring of smart thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a smart thermostat fitted to replace a wired thermostat and the set up requires a boiler adapter to be connected to the boiler so the CH only can be utilised remotely. Would it be possible to connect the boiler adapter to the 'wiring centre' in the airing cupboard so that the boiler isn't interfered with? I have attached an image of the 'wiring centre' which links the HW and CH actuator valves, the pump and the immersion heater. The image of the adapter shows black and grey wires which are connected to the thermostat terminals in the boiler. The blue and brown wires are connected to the power supply terminals in the boiler.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Wiring Centre.jpg
    Wiring Centre.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Boiler adapter.jpg
    Boiler adapter.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Can’t say I’ve heard of an adapter in the way you describe. Is it a receiver? What smart thermostat is it?

If it’s a receiver just for a room thermostat, then yes, place it near wiring center.

Can’t say I’ve heard of an adapter in the way you describe. Is it a receiver? What smart thermostat is it?

If it’s a receiver just for a room thermostat, then yes, place it near wiring center.

Thanks. The adapter is actually a relay and part of a Netatmo system which can be controlled from an app.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
you wire it to interrupt the brown wire on the corrosponding zone valve, you will have to set any existing controls to constantly on and your new switch will over ride them

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back