Mould/Damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I want to tackle a persistent mould issue in our box room (second floor) which I believe looks like is being caused by condensation. However the wall affected is an external wall so I appreciate other factors could be causing it.

House is a 1930’s semi with a full damp proof course.

I’ve attached a pic below but just wanted some other opinions.

1. Does this look like condensation or other potential causes?

2. Guttering seems fine and isn’t clogged although I need to take a closer look when it is raining to check for leaks or drips. Part of the wall looks like it needs re-pointing, could the damaged mortar allowing water in cause damp/condensation like this?

3. There is an air brick visible from outside in the box room however this has obviously been blocked and skimmed over inside before we moved in. Could this be having an impact and need unblocking?

My plan is to manage it as best we can over the winter and then get the repointing work etc. done once the weather improves but I just wanted to check if I’m missing any quick fixes.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 9E2B1069-FE93-4897-ACB4-2BB24D2C1A89.jpeg
    9E2B1069-FE93-4897-ACB4-2BB24D2C1A89.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 217
Sponsored Links
Hi
Have you found any solution? I have the same issue. My room look like identical to the one you posted. I m thinking of CHECKING the roof. My room still got the old vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back