Mould for concrete chimney cap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can i get a mould to make concrete chimney caps, the sort that are used to cover in chimney pots that are no long in use.

I was thinking of trying to make a mould my self, it sounds simple but the cap has to have vents in it to allow the chimney to "breathe" :confused:

Sponsored Links
Why not just buy one? (not a mould)

Failing that can you show us a pattern or picture of the design you want. It's difficult to suggest anything without knowing what it looks like.

Sponsored Links
If this is the model the OP is after I can see why he wants to make his own. Three of these in clay cost me nearly £120 last year.

That said it would be a tricky job to make your own reusable mould to produce then (I'm thinking cut up old plastic buckets here...).

If you can get them 2nd hand I would.

how many you looking for to55er? i have some in my yard though postage costs may be prohibitive :confused:

Why not just buy one? (not a mould)
The clay pots as pictured in this thread are £25 each, i have 6 pots on my chimney, i have been told that you can cover the top of a chimney pot with a bit of slate bedded in mortar.The problem with this solution is that the chimney can't breathe and this can cause condensation.

they used to use the slate method years ago and vented it by making a hole in the slate and inserting a 18" piece of 15mm copper into the hole and bent it down into the shape of a swan neck to prevent water ingress, the pipe was splayed flat on the underside and a mortar collar on the top..........it works.

If this is the model the OP is after I can see why he wants to make his own. Three of these in clay cost me nearly £120 last year.

That said it would be a tricky job to make your own reusable mould to produce then (I'm thinking cut up old plastic buckets here...).

If you can get them 2nd hand I would.
Yeah, those in the picture above are the ones i was talking about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back