Recommend chimney cowl?

Hello everyone again!
Yes, I am the original poster!!!

Hopefully I can put an end to this topic as I didnt expect it to go on as long as it has.

Thanks for all the responses. I will be fitting cowls. I have looked at the chimneys in my village, Approx 70% of pots have cowls plus all the working chimneys.

'If its not broke dont fix it'
Its not broke but I intend to improve it!

Thanks again,

Now I just need to find a cowl that fits an hexagonal pot!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I've read them. Why are you resorting to abuse? Read through the forum and you'll find that cowls give more trouble than they solve. I guess you've got a financial interest eh? Why don't you just admit it. Why don't the 80 million open pots need cowls? You don't know do you. :rolleyes:

I've read them. Why are you resorting to abuse? Read through the forum and you'll find that cowls give more trouble than they solve. I guess you've got a financial interest eh? Why don't you just admit it. Why don't the 80 million open pots need cowls? You don't know do you. :rolleyes:

Thats not abuse. :rolleyes:

Does adding little faces with rolling eyes add substance to you post?:rolleyes:

The ops post has been answered! and he chose the sensible approach.

All open redundant pots need caps.

The vents which are open and unused will degrade faster those which are capped.

Sponsored Links
80 million uncapped pots over 1000 years. Same sky, same rain - so why do some need capping and the vast majority don't? Is it that you get paid to do unnecessary work? Is that what it's all about?

Thats the point! they do need capped if they are unused.

I make a living in construction not fitting chimney caps.

Why didn't they need capping a thousand years go? Same rain, same sky. The human race may be dumb - but not a thousand years dumb.

Because they were being used to cook wild boar over a spit, capping them would have caused a helluva back smoke.

They would have made them with cowls decades ago if they needed them. What other pointless jobs do you make money from? Are you a gypsy?

They would have made them with cowls decades ago if they needed them. What other pointless jobs do you make money from? Are you a gypsy?

But they didnt need them did they? the flues were still in use...is that so difficult to understand?

i'll ignore the second statement, now i know i'm dealing with an imbecile.

:rolleyes:

The use of the flue is immaterial, it's the design that matters. So you admit that you are a gypsy then making money out of the unwary. That's disgraceful.
Do you go door knocking telling old people their chimney is going to crash on their heads? How many have you capped? Do remind us. Do you tarmac too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back