Mould or something else?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

We have a solid stone house and over the last few years have removed the cement mortar from the outside side of the walls and repointed in lime. Some of the external walls inside have had the modern plaster removed and redone in lime or left as bare stone. A few of the external walls are boarded out (not by me). They are framed not dot and dabbed. I am unsure what insulation is behind but given the state of everything else won't be correct. We have a few "cold spots" where we get small bits of black mildew/mould on the cieling, I know what those are from the board being direct on the rafters. However, the issue I can't figure out is on a few walls there is a faint brown/tan spotting. It's even on a few internal walls. Does anyone know what this is in the attached picture? There is no smell of damp and moisture levels in the room are not high. Many thanks, Matt

Attachments

• 20220405_144959.jpg
    20220405_144959.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
The pic is pretty blurred.
"redone in lime" - do you mean a sand and lime render, or lime putty?
Do the spots appear on D&D walls or the S&L rendered walls? Or both?
On the ceiling can you see shadowy outlines of the ceiling joists "grinning" through the plaster board?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back