Mouldy Bath Tub Plastic Silcone Seal Trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got 2 baths where the triangle shaped plastic trim has lots of mould around the silicone seal.
Looks similar to the one in B and Q below.

I've tackled the 1 bath and cleaned up the silicone. So now I'm not sure what to do. During the clearing up some of the plastic trim has come away from the tiled wall. I could just try and fill up the small gaps with silicone and seal the rest of the trim with silicone, or perhaps I could pull off the old plastic trim and re-attach, or perhaps buy new and start over.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am not a fan of those strips. As long as the tiles are close ( 3 or 4 mm max) to the bath rim , I would just apply a silicone sealant from tile to bath . can you post pics of yours , preferably in close up shot ? Sounds like you will have to remove the trim that is no longer bonded to the tiles anyway ,to replace with new if thats the way you want to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back