Mound in self levelling compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm. There is a mound about a foot or so across in the wickes latex self levelling compound I laid yesterday - don't know why - obviously I did not take care enough.:oops:

Anyway, question is how to get rid of it and level with the rest. Orbital sander? belt sander? and when - now or wait until drier?

Any help would be appreciated - has to be finished within the week as having new kitchen fitted after that.

Sponsored Links
when you say mound i take it you mean the compound has come away from the subfloor? Also a pic might help.

No, stuck down firmly. When I ran the straight edge along it to even it out when wet, I wasn't careful enough at that point where the mound is (ie, too much compound at that point) - the rest is fine. It dries so quickly and being latex was forming a rubbery crust so I had to work fast and try not to go over it too many times.

Anyway, I have now started attacking it with my orbital sander attached to an old vaccuum cleaner to keep the dust down. Seems to be getting it but slowly (probably just as well cos I don't want to dig a dip!!). Good stuff, just me being careless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back