Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I laid Mapei self levelling compound in my kitchen and hall Wednesday morning but it still seems like areas are still damp/ not fully dry. They are hard to touch and feel the same as the other areas but are of a darker colour. They also don’t seem to be improving with a fan/heat.

Reckon it’s ok to lay underlay and floating floor on top now?

Note - kitchen was laid on top of exisitng concrete & latex build up. Hall was on top of old asbestos tiles

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Best to not rush this step, any moisture underneath the flooring will be regrettable. Give it a millimetre per day to be safe- 7 mm thick slc = 7 days drying time - this is probably excessive but to be safe then consider this. Hope this helps!

If you have mixed it by hand it could also be the variation is strength of powder to water ratio giving a darker colour. As advised, give it as long as you can to be on the safe side.

i use a cheap moisture meter , as not interested in the actual readings - but a comparison between various areas - did that on a wall as well, that had issues after a drainpipe had been overflowing after rain for a long while - once fixed - checked to see id it was drying out compared to rest of wall before decorating
and at my daughters - found a shower tray in the downstairs loo had a slight leak and travelling to the skirting in next room
this is the one i have used

Sponsored Links
Looks like that’s been mixed with to much water. What have you gone over ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back