self levelling floor compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just done the kitchen floor with self levelling comound and it's lifted/flaked in patches. :evil: It was laid over a mixture of concrete that was stripped of ashphalt tiles and old self levelling compound. I swept it out and mopped it then coated it with watered down pva.
Where it has popped, it looks like the self levelling compund isn't mixed properly as it's dusty underneath like it seperated from the water (I used a drill to mix it so I know it was properly mixed).
Do you think that if I scrape up the patches, clean it off and apply a stronger pva mix that it will stick this time??

Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
just because its mixed with a drill doesnt mean its mixed properly. Do it by hand and you can be sure you get right into the corners of the bucket. It sounds like you missed some when mixing it and its sunk when youve poured it. Thats why youve got the crumbly bits. Remove them and give it another coat of pva then re-apply

And give the bucket you mix it in a few good whacks on the side to get rid of the bubbles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back