Mountfield M28M - How to disconnect grass catcher still run so that my roller can be fitted.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this Mountfield M28M which will not start if I disconnect grass catcher (as design). But I want to connect my heavy lawn roller after removing catcher and run around my lawn.

At the moment if I disconnect grass catcher my ride-on will not start! It looks like some sensor/safety mechanism is making sure catcher bag is fitted before start. Even if I connect MULCHING PLUG need to put grass catcher though no grass will be coming to the bag.

So looks like only option is to tie heavy roller behind grass catcher..? Is there any clever way to override this mechanism and tie roller directly behind ride-on mower without grass catcher bag..? Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 5.38.33 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-03 at 5.39.12 PM.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Can you see the trigger thing below the grass chute? That is the box full alarm, and that may play a part.
Is there another trigger to the right of the chute?
Either way, if you pull the connecting plug away from the switch the machine should start.
John :)

BTW this was bit of a stupid question as when I completely removed grass catcher engine still work and I can ride as long as I am not lowering the blade for cutting. So for my use to ride with heavy roller i just need to remove grass catcher and attach grass roller, nothing else needed:giggle:. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back