Mountfield ride on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have a mountfield ride on mower (briggs & stratton engine) when i switch the mower off i get a loud buzzing noise coming from the engine.

any suggestions as to what is causing this ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's not coming form a relay in the electrics housing, rather than the engine itself?
The only other thing I can think of is that the starter motor isn't disengaging
for some reason.
John :)

The only other thing I can think of is that the starter motor isn't disengaging
for some reason.
Seen that on a quadbike once.
- External solenoid, occationally stuck, leaving it on full time. Permantly engauged starter.
- Doesnt notice when the engine is off, turn it off, and the engine carry on cranking over, forever.....

Not really a buzzing noise, but maybe on this the starter only engauges on start up, is spun out by the engine running, but then is still running but not cranking. Goodbye ringgear!

Daniel

Try disconnecting things to get it to stop, then investigate the circuit in question.
Only a few wires going to the engine so disconnect and see if you have a cause.

Sponsored Links
It appears after spray wd40 on all the electrical components and topping up the engine oil all is fine ! just spent 2 hours cutting the grass and no sign of any problems.

Thanks again much appreciated

Colin

Just thinking, if it's a recent machine the engine may have a low oil switch which has a mind of its own.....these usually prevent the engine starting though.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back