Mounting a jukebox on the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post on here, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I have an NSM Lightning 2000 jukebox that I would like to mount on the wall. It's designed for this, and comes with the correct wall mount (I've pictured both).

We live in an end terrace house, and I intend on mounting the juke on the exterior wall, so is solid brick as far as I can tell. I need to know which sort of anchors and screws/bolts to use. The box weighs 60kg, I know I need to use at least 8 of the holes on the bracket.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Brick can be tricky because you must ensure that you drill the brick and not the mortar* in between. There's also a potential problem of drilling into air holes running through the bricks. If you do that, you should inject resin, let it set, then drill again.

You should use bolts with expanding plastic plugs. Don't use the expanding metal type because they are designed for reinforced concrete and can easily burst a brick.

*Drilling into mortar and using an expanding plug will almost certainly crack the mortar.

Bear in mind that mounting the unit directly to the wall will ensure that sound is transmitted into adjoining houses so you might make yourself unpopular.

Firstly, as I said in the OP, its being mounted on an exterior wall, so wouldnt transmit sound as you suggested. Secondly, the jukebox has external speakers which will be located elsewhere.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
its (sic) being mounted on an exterior wall, so wouldnt (sic) transmit sound as you suggested
Speakers mounted on any structure will transmit sound throughout that structure. (I offer this fact for any future readers who might be considering mounting speakers directly onto any wall.) The amount of sound will be dependent on the exact structure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back