Mounting a jukebox on the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post on here, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I have an NSM Lightning 2000 jukebox that I would like to mount on the wall. It's designed for this, and comes with the correct wall mount (I've pictured both).

We live in an end terrace house, and I intend on mounting the juke on the exterior wall, so is solid brick as far as I can tell. I need to know which sort of anchors and screws/bolts to use. The box weighs 60kg, I know I need to use at least 8 of the holes on the bracket.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Go for 8mm plugs and 5 x 40 screws.....these will be fine so long as the plaster isn,t too thick. Drill a test hole to see how it goes.
John :) [/url]

Sponsored Links
If your plugs actually enter the brick then all should be well. They won't hold in plaster though! If the plaster is thick then you need longer plugs and screws. I'd still recommend 8mm plugs and 5mm screws though.
John :)

I know I need to use at least 8 of the holes on the bracket.
I'd use at least 12.

Screen_Hunter_128_Apr_07_15_42.jpg

I tend to err on the side of overengineering fixing sizes - I'd probably use 50 or 60mm screws for that, depending on plaster depth. 5mm dia will be fine.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I'd advise you to stop buying screws and plugs in packs like that - it'll cost you a fortune.
Stock up on a range of sizes 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 & 6mm dia, 12/16/20/25/30/35/40/50/60/80/100 long. Buy them in boxes of 50/100/200 (will vary by size), and one of those organsiser cases (e.g. Raaco) to keep them in.

Reisser R2s are good, Screwfix Turbogold not bad.

Ditto a selection of plugs - I would have said go for Rawlplugs (avoid cheapo own-brand), but I'm told that Fischer are very good - haven't tried them yet.

Some wall plug strips in a selection of sizes:

Screen_Hunter_129_Apr_07_19_47.jpg

are useful to have when you need a non-standard length.

Your initial outlay will be high, but cheaper in the long run.

The number of screws is largely irrelevant , it's the soundness of the wall that matters.
Ensure the plugs are seated well into the brickwork, and tighten the screws firmly.

looking at it again are you sure its 60 kg ??
if you can lift it its probably not 60 kg
if you lift it with a struggle its probably 30 kg
if you can lift it easily its 15 kg or less
60 kg is a small to medium adult
can you lift an adult easily??
"The ONS said the average man in England was 5ft 9in (175.3cm) tall and weighed 13.16 stone (83.6kg).

The average woman in England weighed 11 stone (70.2kg) and was 5ft 3in tall (161.6cm)."

I hadn't twigged, or thought about, the stated weight.

I've got a welder which weighs (IIRC) about 55kg. I can just about manage to lift it into the boot of a car - there's no way I could lift it to head height and hook it onto a wall (we can see from the photo how that bracket works).

Even 2 people would struggle to lift & hold & position it to slide it onto that bracket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back