Mounting a three position valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when mounting a three way mid position valve does the stepper motor have to be uppermost position or can the three way valve be in any conveniant orientation.

ATB Len

Sponsored Links
Convenient for acess later :evil: but not hanging down(steper motor)or below horizontal..on the way to hanging down :eek:Where`s the instruction leaflet :?: :LOL:

Hi Nige

My Boiler is a Potterton Prima B which is in an airing cupboad upstairs. The boiler is mounted near the ceiling, the outlet pipes run up throught the ceiling turn 180 degrees and return into the airing cuboard, about a Metre down the pipe is the pump which is pumping downhill so if I fit a three way valve after the pump the inlet side of the valve wil be at the top of the unit and the outlets will be at the bottom.

ATB YFM

Sponsored Links
There isn't one, the system is central heating only, we have a multipoint water heater and I want to fit a motorized valve, timer, controls, and a indirect tank to replace it.

ATB Len

Well OK, the fact that your systems layout is as it is doesn't mean that you have to have the motorised valve upside down. All you actually need to do is alter the pipework so the pumped flow is in a suitable position.

Or am I missing something?

Yea I agree but its a dam sight easyer if I can mount the motorized valve as in my above post, it seems a bit crazy to to turn the pipework through 180 degrees, fit the the valve the usual way up and then turn the pipe work back through 180 degrees to join back up with the exsisting pipework.

ATB Len

Yeah but if you have it upside down and there's a leak, there goes the electronic doodahs

Ahh good point I be off to buy some fittings then

Thanks all ATB Len

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back