Mounting TV - How to mount on Brick behind Dry Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We recently had our integral garage converted. Therefore the bricks are no longer exposed and have insulation + plasterboard between the brick and the external facing wall.

I am looking at mounting a TV and unfortunately the STUD is not located in the desired position.

However, the guide for installing the TV mount suggested that you can drill through the dry wall, insulation and into the brick. Insert the raw plug flush into the wall, then screw into that hole.

What is the best way to do this? How do I insert the raw plug into the wall and know its flush?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I cut out plasterboard to shape of mouting plate and remove , then replace with sheet material [ply or mdf] to same dimensions then plate can be screwed directly to this.Very solid and took 50inch screen on tilt and swivel bracket.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back