Moved in no alarm code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have moved into a new house first time buyer and I haven't been an alarm code. The estate agents have tried to contact the seller but no joy. I need to set up a new code and remove a panic button in the bedroom. I have included a picture of the alarm. I contacted the company and the waited £50 to reset it which I thought was a bit steep.

Sponsored Links
When you consider that the average boiler repairer charges £94 for a call-out I think that £50 is pretty reasonable.

Thanks for you advise regarding the call out fee but can anyone help me to reset the alarm?

Sponsored Links
Not what you want I'm afraid but could you please do me a favour and remove the paperwork from the top left 'pocket' and see if it gives a name/model details etc for this old DA Abacus control panel.

I'm trying to identify it.

to default codes power down repower and within 10 secs 7,9,x,tick.
codes 1234 master and 7890 eng

have you defaulted codes yet ? if not its a waste of time telling you how to remove the panic button as you will need a code to turn off alarm....

Go into engineers mode, program out the panic button, open the panel and disconnect the wires (and join up the global tamper, if you've got one), pull the cable out (if you want to), close the panel, exit engineering mode. Job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back