moving a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i need to move a radiator in my mothers house and i've got a few problems ,first of all the radiator in question is on 10mm pipe and most of the others are on 15mm pipe this radiator used to get hot but for some reason now only gets luke warm, we did have this radiator replaced last year and was told that it was probably blocked but it's just the same, if you turn all the rads upstairs off you can get it hot do you think it will just need to be balanced ,the other problem is one of the other radiators downstairs has a snapped off bleed valve so if i drain the system i would need to replaced it so i was thinking of using one of those freeze kit and was wondering if they work ok. :)

Sponsored Links
Just isolate the rad with no bleed screw at its two valves and then drain the rest of the system.

If you can fit all 15 mm pipe to the moved radiator that will make it easier to balance.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back