Moving a toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm planning to put a cupboard under the stairs in our new (to us) house. We have a toilet under the stairs so the cupboard will be placed next to it under the lower steps.

This is the toilet in question - the tasteful red carpet will be going ASAP!

Here's a couple of snaps of the cistern:

My plan is to move the cistern forward onto the back of the carpeted wall behind the toilet (there is enough room next to the soil pipe). As the cupboard is going directly behind the toilet, moving the cistern forward will free up more space.

I feel comfortable moving the cold water feed and also the overflow pipe. The only concern I have is how to shorten then pipe that connects the cistern to the toilet. It is made of plastic and I have measured it to be just over 1.5 inches OD. I'd like to be able to cut a section out of it and glue to the ends together with a straight connector.

Can anyone tell me if this is feasible and if so, where can I buy such a connector?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Just cut the flush pipe shorter, it's a push fit into the WC. Worst case you may need a new connector for the WC but it's an easy job.

Just cut the flush pipe shorter, it's a push fit into the WC. Worst case you may need a new connector for the WC but it's an easy job.

That's the kind of answer I wanted to hear - cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back