Moving a waste pipe in my toilet...How do you do that?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I'm looking to move my toilet waste pipe (type that goes straight into the floor) about 1-2ft from it's present position.

The toilet is a downstairs one and the floor is concrete. The waste pipe runs straight out into the main waste drain.

What should I do first, and how should I proceed after that?

I assume that I'm going to have to pick axe or drill through the concrete to get to the current pipe....then what?

Have done pretty much everything else to do with plumbing etc etc but this....no idea, as I can't see it so can't visualise what I have to do.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Ask yourself WHY :eek: and then think ....can the pipe go through the wall and underground outside :?: bloody nightmare digging up a concrete floor and making good the damp proof membrane hidden inside under the concrete ;)

Well if I put the pipe through the exterior wall (I now understand why this would be easier) it would come out right next to my front door. So not ideal.

Digging up the floor is not a problem. What would be involved in repairing the membrane?

Thanks for the advice so far!

:eek: If digging up the floor is not a problem dig it up then come back and ask what to do when you have exposed the buried pipe

Good Luck

Sponsored Links
flying [size=6]louise[/size] said:
...Digging up the floor is not a problem...

Thinks: Louise hopes her husband will do it :LOL:

Louise's husband will do it...yes.

So...what do we do when the floor is up and the pipe is exposed?

No point in waiting until we've got the floor up, then come back.

I'm sure what's under the concrete is not that much of a secret.

Cheers lads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back