Moving an alarm control panel

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a texecom premier elite alarm that I installed myself about 5 years ago. After setting it up I've not really had to touch it, I think I've still got the cd somewhere and I definitely have all the codes written down.

Currently the control panel is in the loft but we are going to have a conversion done in the new year and the panel will have to move.

This means that the cabling for two of the door sensors won't be long enough any more. Is it better to extend the cables with crimps or solder?

Is there a proper procedure to disconnect everything so I don't wreck the control panel by turning off the mains and pulling the battery?

Sponsored Links
extending the cables you can see many video online, you need to be aware that cables could get damaged during the conversion.

My first question is which panel do you have and how many zones do you have in use?
You may be want to look t possibilities like wiring the zones to the keypad cabling depending on what you have available to you.

do you have hard wired devices only or combination of hard wired and wireless?

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
I've got it set up with 8 zones, all wired devices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back