Moving an internal wall

M

marsaday

View media item 65141
View media item 65142
I am planning on opening up my kitchen and lounge area and i just wanted to get some feedback on what i aim to do. The pic may help you understand what i want to do so here goes.

I want to extend the kitchen into the lounge by a small amount. You can see the door from the lounge into the kitchen is set into the lounge a bit more than the other wall.

I would like to knock down the main section of the wall and bring it back into line with this door area, or even a touch further.

The problem i have is this wall is repeated upstairs, so i have to use a steel to support my removed wall and build the new wall in plasterboard.

How do you go about putting this steel into place ? I think this wall is taking the load for the floors above and then supporting the roof in the middle. I will be back tomorrow and start stripping the house out so i will get a better idea once carpets are up where joists run etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back