Moving bathroom from down to up

M

marsaday

The bathroom in a house is next to the kitchen. I intend on moving it upstairs.

1) Do i need to notify building control about this change ?

2) What fall to a need to provide for the soil pipe. The bathroom will be going at the front of the house, but the stack is at the rear. So from the toilet outlet to the rear wall of the house will be about 3.5m. This will be in a box and run next to the stairs as you come up them, on the party wall.

Sponsored Links
You won't be permitted to do this. Part M of building regulations state that if you have toilet facilities downstairs, you can't remove them. You need to maintain a ground for toilet facility.

Sorry. i am keeping the downstairs loo, but moving the bathroom upstairs and adding another toilet.

I have been today and gotten a better idea of what is involved.

I will post some questions with photos later.

Ok i have some pics. They show the soil stack, which is just acting as a vent at the moment because the only toilet in the house is downstairs and this flushes down into the ground.

So I am aiming to dig up this full pipe and replace with plastic (the patio area will be redone this autumn any way). How do i couple the new plastic pipe with the drain system ?

The current toilet

View media item 65136
The soil stack and yard

View media item 65139
View media item 65138

Sponsored Links
One more question about connecting the new toilet upstairs with the soil stack.

My toilet is going to be above the gate area in the photo on the right hand side of the corridor.

Can i drill through the ceiling of corridor and bring the soil pipe across the roof and then onto my wall (left side), along it and then round the corner to tee into the soil pipe in the other photo?

View media item 65140

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back