Moving electric meter:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I would like to reposition all the old electric dial/meter and cable that comes into the house, I onli want to remove them off the board and move them along a few inches to give me more space. The electrics are veri old, would EON replace and reposition or can I tri miself??!!
thanx jen
ps. I can spell but the letter ? (rhimes with I lol) is not working on m laptop so I am using I instead!!

Sponsored Links
The cable can tend to be old and fragile and the way its assemled into the fuse cut out is not always 100% secure

Attempting to move it can be HAZOURDOUS.

The screws securing the unit to the board are also likely to be inaccesible, and to accesss them would likely mean illegally opening it and exposing hazourdous live parts.

You could also be prosecuted as you would not be able to reseal the unit

PHOTO will be very useful. If it is in really bad nick, the DNO should renew it for free (leaking pitch, smell of burning etc?) Remember the incomer is fused at anything up to 800amps, so a large explosion will result if the cable is damaged, and a flashover occurs....

Sponsored Links
kai";p="3156673 said:
PHOTO will be very useful. If it is in really bad nick, the DNO should renew it for free (leaking pitch, smell of burning etc?) Remember the incomer is fused at anything up to 800amps, so a large explosion will result if the cable is damaged, and a flashover occurs....[/quote
thanx, will have to get the experts in, after just reading more about this topic, can ask and hope for a decent price to move it outside.
:)

The cable can tend to be old and fragile and the way its assemled into the fuse cut out is not always 100% secure

Attempting to move it can be HAZOURDOUS.

The screws securing the unit to the board are also likely to be inaccesible, and to accesss them would likely mean illegally opening it and exposing hazourdous live parts.

You could also be prosecuted as you would not be able to reseal the unit
Just read more about this and will leave to the pros, hope to get decent price and have it moved to the outside,
many thanx :)

ps. I can spell but the letter ? (rhimes with I lol) is not working on m laptop so I am using I instead!!
screenshot_67.jpg

Just read more about this and will leave to the pros, hope to get decent price and have it moved to the outside,
many thanx :)
You can hope, but I don't know how realistic your price expectation is. I would advise being seated, and with a dose of restorative liquid to hand, when you read the quote.

And even then there are a lot more keystrokes needed.

If the laptop keyboard is shagged then repair could be uneconomical. Get a USB keyboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back