relocating electric meter

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to have my electricity meter relocated within the house, as well as the fuse board, but that will be done separately.

I seem to be having a problem with finding out who is responsible to relocate the meter - I'm in scotland.

Had spoken with Scottish Power who said it was my supplier (this was via email as I couldn't find a number to get through to them!) and having spoken to my supplier, Eon, they have confirmed that they would move the meter a maximum of 12 inches!! :rolleyes: for free but anything more would need to be carried out by the electricity board.

Is Scottish Power still the main electricity board in Scotland?

Sponsored Links
You need to contact your REC (regional electricity company)
Not sure who it is in your area have look in yellow pages or may be call your local council office they should know.
they do charge and they normally take about six weeks to turn up
SPS

The problem is that the old regional electricity boards no longer exist, you now have the distribution network operator (who looks after the infrastructure), the meter operator and your supplier all as separate entities.

The reason you got told they could only move meter 12 inches, is because its just the meter they would move, not the whole service... the cutout would stay where it is! You need to leave the person you speak to in no doubt about what you want, I ecpect if you ask for the service intake postion to be moved, then thats pretty clear, this will need the DNO to attend though, and its not usually cheap!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back