moving hw cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all ,
i want to move a hw cylinder from the 1st floor bathroom to the loft,the system is a standard indirect hot water system with cold cistern and expansion tank in loft and boiler on ground floor ,(about a 6ft vertical move)

1.is there a minnimum height needed between cold storage cistern&expansion tank and the hw cylinder,
2.do i have to keep the length of vent pipe(s) from the hw cylinder at the same distance as they are currently(there is space),or is there a calculation i can use for this,the only calcs i have seen,say vent rise s/be 40mm for each 1m by which water level in cistern is above base of BOILER?+150mm,
3.do i need to notify this work?
thanks

Sponsored Links
1 metre above the HW cyl for the cold water storage tank would be good.

Same for the f&e on the heating, 1 metre above highest pipe or rad top.

Make sure the open vent is 450mm above tank at its highest point.

I wouldn't notify this.

If there is such a small height above cylinder you MUST use at least 28 mm pipe otherwise you run the risk of imploding the cylinder!

If your cylinder is not foam lagged you need to buy a new one. All pipes in the lofy must be lagged.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back