location for single impeller pump for HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a single impeller pump to boost my HW in my vented system. My cistern tank is in the loft extension, and I am getting 0.5 bar of HW at my 1st floor bathroom taps and virtually no flow from my loft extension basin tap.

Would it be possible for me to install a single impeller pump (3.0 bar) to increase the flow to both HW taps to both floors? I am concerned that by doing so, the increased pressure would push the HW up to the HW breathe pump to the cistern. Is this a concern?

Can pumps only be connected AFTER the pipe connection for the HW breathe pipe?

I have considered a replacement to a combi system, however £2500 is not do-able just now.

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
catnipsta said:
Can pumps only be connected AFTER the pipe connection for the HW breathe pipe?
Yes, and it's still more complicated. You need a special connection from the cylinder to avoid drawing in air bubbles.

Oops....I just realised that I asked the wrong question ([Can pumps only be connected AFTER the pipe connection for the HW breathe pipe?
]

I should have asked...Can I connect the pump straight after the hot water cylinder? i.e. BEFORE the branch to the 1st floor bathroom and loft extension (basin & HW breathe outlet)

Chrishutt, what type of valve would I need? Or can I plumb it by branching a new downward supply pipe to all the HW taps? (as seen on StuartTurner website)..and thanks for the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back