Moving into new flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully moving end of the month. The flat has no gas supply, but the neighbouring flat does. My question is, who do i contact with regard to supplying my new flat with gas? This would include the pipework and presumably a meter. What I mean by this, is it the sole resposibility of 1 company to supply upto the meter, and then a GasSafe guy after the meter? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Basically yes.

You need to decide who you want to buy your gas from, then call them to ask them to arrange the fitting of your gas supply.

Thanks Dave. Would you know a ball-park figure for a utilities co. to supply the main pipe & the meter? Bearing in mind next door has gas. Do they do it free as I could be a potential account customer? Apologies for questions but searched high & low & can't find much info.

Free :eek: :LOL:

I think the minimum price is around £500-£600 for about a 3 metre connection.

Over that you are probably looking at approx £100/m :cry:

Sponsored Links
Spoke to BG. They say they will fit meter for free & pipework upto it, though it may well be outside of the flat, I guess in a lockable place in the communal area. I asked what my minimum term with them would have to be, they said 28 days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back