moving kitchen to another room

Thanks TK. Its a real minefield, isn't it?

I have spoken to 3 different BC officers over the past few days and weirdly each one has given me a different answer. One said it must have mechanical extraction, another said its your choice and the third wouldn't commit. It does sound to me like there is room for interpretation and negotiation though which could be a blessing or a curse.
I suppose the main thing is that I get agreement from the BC surveyor who covers my area, as after all he is going to be the one doing the signing.
I had hoped to get my stuff all sorted before approaching them but I think it is sensible to get them involved in solving it with me.

Thanks for looking into this, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the main issue is fire escape route from other rooms.

If they are through the kitchen then NO.

If there is an alternative escape route in a different direction the OK.

If I can throw in another query regarding kitchen ventilation, what is the position with an oil fired cooker which draws combustion air from the kitchen and exhausts to a 6" chimney to outside. Surely this is far superior ventilation to any fan.

Sponsored Links
If I can throw in another query regarding kitchen ventilation, what is the position with an oil fired cooker which draws combustion air from the kitchen and exhausts to a 6" chimney to outside. Surely this is far superior ventilation to any fan.

If the cooker draws 30-60 litres/sec of combustion air!?

However, fitting an extract fan in that situation should be done with care as it could interfere with the combustion air supply to the cooker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back