Side Return Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I live in a standard victorian mid terrace house with lounge at front, dining room at rear and the kitchen in the side return extending from the back of the main part of the house.

I'm looking at getting a side return extension to link the dining room and kitchen to make one big L-shaped room. The extension would be 250cm long x 230cm wide.

I wondered if you had to build a whole new wall the length of the extension, or whether I could use the existing wall of the adjoining property?

Can anyone give me an idea as to the sort of ball park figures for the construction works I'd be looking at to get this done?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can anyone give me an idea as to the sort of ball park figures for the construction works I'd be looking at to get this done?

£5k-£10k all in.

Want to come and do mine LOL

Not sure but i was expecting to spend about £15k. I mine i intend to put the side return in an RSJ the currnent external wall to give a 3msquare kitchen rather than 1.5x3 and a few other bits
To be do after the loft conversion I'm just about to start

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back