Moving primatic cylinder into attic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm after moving a primatic cylinder moving from the upstairs bathroom to the attic, I heard that primatic cylinders can be a nightmare so just wondered what the best way to drain and fit would be and any tips for putting it higher including storage tank also with the heating off an older floor standing glow worm 40/52 would it cope with the extended pipework height?[/wiki]

Sponsored Links
If only for the sake of your radiators, consider binning the Primatic. Due to the risk of cross contamination, you shouldn't use chemical corrosion inhibitors. If you have to change your old boiler, this lack of chemicals will void any warranty. Heat up times of modern indirect cylinders with a coil are also better than the Primatic's.

Apart from saving the space of one loft tank, there aren't really any advantages with Primatic. A clever invention, but pretty pointless, and sometimes aggro to refill.

I would personally get rid of it if you're going to be doing all this work seems the ideal time to get a unvented cylinder installed up there.

Just don't put any chemicals in.

Sponsored Links
Unvented cylinder in loft or replace boiler with a combi.
Don't mess about with a primatic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back