Primatic cylinder issues

The pump is at boiler (in bedroom) and the white pipe runs between boiler and tank and was put in when boiler was installed due to silt in previous pipe.
stick a pick up of your boiler /pump

Sponsored Links
stick a pick up of your boiler /pump
I'm hanging on to a bit of hope. The water is a bit warmer. No idea what is going on, but in principle things must be working for the water to be heating and flowing at all. Wondering if thermostat dodgy (coupled with the -5 weather temps meaning cold feed is cold -I did say I was being hopeful ;) ) Still very concerned now is the smell in the cupboard with the boiler. I've checked outside, and the flue is 'puffing' so not blocked and the plumber fixed the leak they caused on the boiler (smell was only there after initial repair but before he returned and has continued since). Plumber claimed he couldn't even smell it, but he's the only person to say so! Pic of pump I'd taken earlier.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 26
I'm hanging on to a bit of hope. The water is a bit warmer. No idea what is going on, but in principle things must be working for the water to be heating and flowing at all. Wondering if thermostat dodgy (coupled with the -5 weather temps meaning cold feed is cold -I did say I was being hopeful ;) ) Still very concerned now is the smell in the cupboard with the boiler. I've checked outside, and the flue is 'puffing' so not blocked and the plumber fixed the leak they caused on the boiler (smell was only there after initial repair but before he returned and has continued since). Plumber claimed he couldn't even smell it, but he's the only person to say so! Pic of pump I'd taken earlier.
Update: Went up to get pic of boiler, ran the hot water in bathroom and it got hot! Real test will be if I can pour a hot bath for my arthritic pains later and not worry my tears will cool it down even more. Could it be a wee blockage has shifted and normal service is resuming? Is it the power of the mind and sheer willpower. Either way, I will update later. Need to collect my granddaughter later and will be attempting to clear my mind of all things pipe related for a bit!
Anyway, something I noticed when taking pic of boiler, that may be perfectly normal and I've just never noticed before (boiler in a cupboard that is rarely accessed) is the bit at the top with the wee knob seems to be 'lit up' Maybe it's always like that but the plumber and his mate were having a disagreement about something to do with that part, but I left them to it as I had no concerns with boiler and knew they had a good rep. Would love to know though, knowledge is power! Hoping that miracle of miracles will have something to do with smell and I can fix (hope is still doing a lot of heavy lifting here, I know ;) )

Massive thank you for your time, it is so appreciated!

Attachments

• boiler.jpg
    boiler.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
ok -final update, all is well. Finally discovered I could get hot water as long as heating was on (the demand for just hot water doesn't seem to fire up the boiler an issue for the warmer weather that can wait). So was left with the smell that plumber had said wasn't gas...got rather intense and by 6am this morning I turned off boiler and gas completely and set about emptying cupboard again. Phoned emergency line and an engineer came and tested -it was a gas leak after all, loose connection between gas feed and boiler. All sorted, smell gone and now got heating and hot water, time to do Sunday :giggle: Lesson learned, if you think you smell gas, trust your instinct!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back