Moving radiator by a couple of inches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I am doing up my late father-in-laws house to sell on and one of the things that I am doing is removing the wood-cladding in the hall way and landing.

To do this, I will have to remove the radiator which, looking at guides on the internet, I was fairly confident in doing. However, I have just realised that when I remove the cladding and the batons, the radiator will be resessed about two inches back onto the original plaster.

This will obviously mean that the pipes won't align with the valves.

Is there an easy way to resolve this issue?

:confused:

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Screw some battons to the wall that are the same thickness as the wood cladding, then mount the radiator on that, then the pipes can be left where they are.

Its worth checking if the brackets are on the long or short sides. Rad brackets are L shaped pieces of folded steel one part being twice as long as the other so it could be that they are on the short side already so it would just involve turning then and maybe adding a little bit of plywood behind them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back