Moving radiator pipes forward so will connect to new rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
H there

I am having some 50mm insulated plasterboards fixed to our wall in an attempt to make our house warmer for this winter. I'm also replacing an old radiator on that wall. the one i have taken off is 75 inches (191cm) and i am replacing with modern 180cm one.

The pipes will have to come in 5cm on each side (which shouldnt pose too much of a problem as there is some left to right play/movement of the pipes).

My problem is that the insulated plaster board has brought the walll in by 50mm and you can see the pipes are now pushed up against the wall. Consequently the pipes will need to be moved forward away from the wall by approx 50mm to attach to the new rad. Unfortunately there is no play allowing the pipes to move in that direction.

Does anyone have any ideas how i might get around this. I've attached a photo below.

Thanks for your help in advance

Sponsored Links
Lift another board and cut the required piece out and rejoin. Use compression fittings or soldered depending on your skills. Drain down required. Then you can move the pipework sideways within the joists to connect the narrower radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back