Remove 90⁰ Elbow from Radiator Pipes and Move Pipes Forward

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I had a Type 11 Radiator in the Bathroom replaced with a Type 21 in 2018.

The Person that did the Work did not Move the Pipes Forward to accommodate the New Radiator, instead, he used Two 90⁰ Elbows as can be seen here:

20240121_104339.jpg

20240121_104356.jpg

The issue is that the Pipes are pushing against the Skirting and causing Noise when the Heating is On.

I am now wanting to have the 90⁰ Elbows Removed and the Pipes Moved Forward.

Is this a relatively simple Job?

Also, do I need a Heating Engineer or a Plumber for this Work?

Finally, please ignore the state of the Walls, the Decorating is on the List, the very Long List.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Sponsored Links
assuming its an upstairs bathroom: the floor covering needs removing then some floorboards taking up, the existing tails with their bend and a bit of the straight needs cutting out then bending a bit of new pipe and reconnecting

1. If it were me I'd cut away the skirting boards slightly behind the pipes, and repair when eventually redecorating. Use a multi-tool and a great deal of care.
2. To move the pipes as you suggest is at least a medium sized job, and potentially quite a big one. Depends on how much floor you have to take up to alter the under floor pipework.

The issue is that the Pipes are pushing against the Skirting and causing Noise when the Heating is On
as oldbuffer says: you could simply cut a neat V out of the skirting using a multitool or even a sharp chisel

Sponsored Links
Or you could try sliding in a bit of foam tape between the pipe and the skirting board

Hello all

I got a Plumber out to sort out the Pipes.

They look so much better without the 'S' Bend:

20240202_080942.jpg

20240202_080946.jpg

The issue I have now is, how do I fill the Holes in the Chipboard Flooring?

The Flooring is not able to be lifted, I tried, it is a very snug fit.

I have thought about affixing something to the underside of the Flooring to provide a Base then just use Wood Filler but what and how?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back