Moving shower pump

Bon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

We installed a shower pump a couple of years ago. I put it in the airing cupboard at the base of the hot water cylinder.

The bedroom that the airing cupboard is in has now become our new arrival's Nursery. In a few months he'll be in there sleeping and the pump activating will no doubt wake him up in the mornings (I get up at 5am to go to work) and I don't fancy going back to gravity showering (i.e. running around under the dribble to get wet!!).

The cold feed and cold drop down from a cistern in the loft to the base of the cylinder, cold feed enters the cylinder and cold goes to pump inlet. Hot comes from a York flange and to the pump inlet. Hot and cold then go back up into the loft, traverse across and then drop into the shower cubicle.

In theory the system gravity flows without the pump, so anywhere along the line would work, provided I don't lift the pipework above the level of the water in the cistern.

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions/experience of where the second best place is to locate the pump as I want to get it right first time!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back