moving soil pipe air inlet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move a toilet and install a bath.
This is a picture of the end of the bathroom.
On the left are the existing toilet drain and air-inlet vent. I want to place a bath against the wall on the left and a toilet against the end wall to the right of the bath. The end wall will have 70mm of PIR insulation on galvanised battens. I hope to run a new 75mm vent pipe (BC specified size) up behind the plasterboard on the end wall.

This shows the soil pipe on the left and the vent on the right.

This is a detail of the vent showing the bend.

There is roof space above where the current air-inlet valve is situated and there is another flat downstairs, so I cannot alter the soil pipe below their ceiling.

Can I run the toilet drain under the floorboards where the vent currently is and bring it up in the corner? It could then run under the sloping end of the bath and out through the bath panel to the new toilet position.

It would be nice if I could run the bath and basin drain into the soil stack. Currently the old shower and basin drains run out through the wall to a collector.

edit: original post subject didn't attract attention

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I thought that would have to go something like 700mm below the toilet inlet. That would put it in the downstairs' kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Don't think it needs to go that low - I am onm a flat at the moment with one of these manifolds - the top bit, where the 32s and 40s go in is just about floor level - then a soil T comes off the top of the manifold - I have a run of about 2 metres which gets me nicely to the toilet - I think that the bottom of the toilet waste was about 5.5 inches off the floor - or thereabouts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back