Moving the sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're in the process of buying a house and I'd ideally like to change the layout of the kitchen. We'd need professionals in to do this, not a DIY job, but I just wondered if anyone knew how much work would be involved to move the sink and the washing machine so that they are against the main wall (the sink I'd ideally like where the oven currently is)? What I'd ideally like is just units, including sink and washing machine, against the back wall and then an island in front of that if that makes sense.

I'm just wondering how much of a job it would be to move the sink from the left hand side to the main wall? I know nothing about plumbing, but it just seems like an odd position for the washing machine given that behind the wall where the sink/washing machine are is the living room.
kitchen6.jpg
ground floor.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'd think key issues are:
1. Where is the soil pipe for the drainage from sink and washing machine to connect to? Likely bet is the conservatory in which case not much of an issue.
2. Are you going to need electricity to the island? If so, can you lift the floor to run cables?
Doesn't look like to much of a job, and I's expect a decent kitchen fitter to be able to do it.

Great, thanks. Not planning on having any electricity in the island, more just for extra surface space and to double up as a breakfast bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back