Moving to Air Source Heat Pump? Bulb & Co will still charge a daily fee for smart meter

Sponsored Links
Standing charge relates to any meter not just “smart” meters.

The article says that it costs £320 to remove the smart meter but if it were a dumb meter it'd only be £120 or so.
Cost to remove may be different but the standing charge relates to having a meter (any meter) installed at the premises.

Sponsored Links
Cost to remove may be different but the standing charge relates to having a meter (any meter) installed at the premises.
I'd assumed that you could have your gas cut off and avoid the standing charge without having to remove the meter. But I am a complete lay person on this.

The standing charge was introduced due to the "new" set up. It's supposed to cover the cost of the company that provides the street end of things who are a different lot to your supplier. I assume those still have to pass the money on to them.

I had 2 of the dam things. gas. Getting one removed had it's problems.The supply before the meter needs to be capped. Later some one turns up to inspect the work. I also had several strange letters warning me that I didn't have a gas meter. I just ignored them. 2 of those came and they stopped. They sounded like I would be hung or something.

;) Why did I have 2. It goes back to previous occupiers that wanted separate bills. Not flat related. They just lived here on different floors.

Takes no more than 15 minutes to remove the meter and do the paperwork and is the same to remove a smart or dumb meter even at £120 its taking the pish

Takes no more than 15 minutes to remove the meter and do the paperwork and is the same to remove a smart or dumb meter even at £120 its taking the pish

I wasn't charged for the removal. However due to 2 meters at the same address I needed the flexible to be reconnected to the pipe work we were now using. I had to pay some one gas safe to do that. :( It developed a leak which I reported so they came along and changed the flexible mentioning how thin they are now. :( We needed a longer one than they usually use and guess what the man didn't have one in the van so was going to go away. :) So I said why not make an extension, smiled and went back the van and made one.

I arranged for the meter removal via the supplier but as there were 2 I had problems getting the message across. Eventually transferred to complaints at my request and she sorted it out rather quickly.

A couple of months back we were going to get smart meters.
Then I read about the varying tariff over the day EG
higher rates during peak periods, EG luch, dinner etc.
I can see them do that, so we decided against it.
Water meters cost a bomb via bills and forget the average payments they tell you
about especially if you work from home or taken a retirmenet.

yep it wont be long till real time pricing is in with the excuse of saving the planet ,

Sponsored Links
Back