(no) POWER TO THE (Texan) PEOPLE!

Sponsored Links
Mind you the gas smart meter installers do create a fair amount of work for some of us :mrgreen:

They can only get access to the meter by 3/4G. A Faraday bag or some tin foil would stop that if you were that worried about 'them' cutting you off to punish/control you. :rolleyes:

They can only get access to the meter by 3/4G. A Faraday bag or some tin foil would stop that

Some of the "smart" meters have a lot of anti vandal and anti tamper measures. Loss of the signal from the mobile network could be considered to be vandalism / tampering.

A lot of information about the hidden features of a "smart" meter, features that have little to do with the prime function that is measuring power used,

Link to the video HERE

Sponsored Links
Yes..probably. I don't actually know.
Now you do...

Every day is a school day (y)

Did you know the protocols for shutting down the electric to a home via the meter are exactly the same for smart meters as they are for the old type?
Yes or no?

I guess you didn't read this properly :rolleyes:

Smart meters have the ability to cut off supply, although in normal times they would have to go through the same process for cutting someone off if they have an analogue meter...

I guess you didn't read this properly :rolleyes:
I was just emphasising the fact that as far as customers are concerned there are no differences in a smart fella vs old, as far as interruption to supply is concerned.

Smart meters however are hassle free and the scarey tales about them should be written down on foil and made into a hat.

Do you deny that smart meters have the ability to lower/cut off supply of electricity without forcing access to a home?

Yes or no?
Another pointless post from E.
See my post about power companies and cutting power.

I was just emphasising the fact that as far as customers are concerned there are no differences in a smart fella vs old, as far as interruption to supply is concerned.
As I said the process is the same in normal times...

But when we are going to be ever more reliant on renewable energy could you tell us what happens should the wind drop for a couple of weeks?

Would it be a total shutdown or lowering of allowable power usage?

And you still fail to realise the implications of individualisation of power bills...

If you happen to want to put a particular appliance on at a particular time regularly then you will be charged more...
A neighbour may wish to put a particular appliance on regularly at a different time and they will be charged more...

It's already happening with business energy suppliers via Half Hourly meter readings...

Of course if you have to have a new meter fitted due to problems with your existing one, then for the moment you can choose to have it in the 'dumb mode' :)

They should be compulsory along with water metering. We are far too wasteful with (drinking) water.

Cornwall has plenty of water, we get a lot of rain and that fills the reservoirs. We're on a water meter so we try to be a bit careful, hence I only wash the van once a year, but it never ceases to amaze me when going to smart properties in picturesque villages with beautiful extensive gardens, they're not on a metre, and they have several sprinklers running all day, all ******* day, every ******* day, and they're paying the same water rates as me, bastards.

Sponsored Links
Back